Need to do a store on the S1

Tips and Tricks you have discovered with your S1, VII, Mini-VII, Dream, or Dream T that lets you do any aspect of coffee making, steaming, maintenance, etc better.
raverys12

Need to do a store on the S1

Post by raverys12 »

I have to go north from Florida for a few months ... or maybe longer. What would be the proper process for shutting down the S1 for a prolonged period of time. I realize I would have to turn off water and pull the softener an prefilter .. but what about the S1 itself ??? Help would be appreciated, Thanks, Bob
Niko

Post by Niko »

I would drain the steam boiler for sure, there's a small plug on the very bottom of it, in fact you can see it if you look under your machine right now without having to open it. The group boiler is so small that I wouldn't worry about it too much since it holds so little water.
I'm sure others will chime right in and maybe someone out there will mention they did the same thing for a few months.
I sometimes shut my S1 down for weeks at a time when I leave town, I don't even bother cutting the water supply off or drain anything at all but rather run liters upon liters of water through the steam boiler to get the nasties out. I run the group continuous for 1 minute intervals for several times and everythings "A OK" after that.

Return to “Tips & Tricks”