S1 V1 temp sensor o-ring?

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
TruthBrew
Latte

S1 V1 temp sensor o-ring?

Post by TruthBrew »

Hey folks, long time owner of an original S1 V1 but haven't been on the forum in a long time.

I had some steam leaking out of the steam boiler, tracked it down to the temp probe which was replaced once before a few years back. The cause was a cracked o-ring. Is there typically an o-ring on the steam boiler temp sensor? I couldn't see it on the parts breakout diagram and couldn't recall if that was something I added or it was supposed to have one.

Thanks all.

Jeff
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: S1 V1 temp sensor o-ring?

Post by chas »

Sounds like you're in for a call to CCS on Monday. I have discovered other places where the machine has o-rings that aren't shown on the parts list.

Giving it some more thought, when your machine was new it probably had that type of sensor where there was a hollow tube that screwed into the top of the boiler. The sensor was a silver cylinder with long leads that you pushed down into the bottom of the tube. Depending on when you initially replaced the sensor, did you just get a new cylinder sensor(7540) or did you get the new stubby screw in style (8919) that replaces the old sensor and the tube? If it's the latter I would think you might be able to get by with just wrapping the threads with a couple of wraps of teflon tape as either a permanent or at least a temporary repair.

Part number references above are from page 16 of the parts manual.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
TruthBrew
Latte

Post by TruthBrew »

chas,

Yea, it's the new stubby part 8919. Thanks for that part #, I have the new PDF now. Looking at it, I agree that I could get away with just teflon tape at least until I confirm it and see what o-ring I need.

thanks!
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

It's been a long time since I've seen you around the ole forum. Glad to hear that the old S1 is still plugging along.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
TruthBrew
Latte

Post by TruthBrew »

Yea, has been a wicked long time! We've used the S1 pretty much daily since we bought it in Dec 2005 with only minor problems overall. Great purchase, money well spent.
TruthBrew
Latte

Post by TruthBrew »

For fun, here's my setup (still). I did add progressive pre-infusion, modify the Macap M4 to stepless and change knockboxes in 2008 though.
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=237

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”