Yippie skippie! I've developed another leak.

Post general questions about operation of your new Mini here. Due to many similarities with the original VII you should also check the VII forum.
zoey

Yippie skippie! I've developed another leak.

Post by zoey »

I fired up the machine today and about 30 minutes later I find that the counter top is flooded with water (yet again).

Now I see why some owners simply leave the bodywork off of their machines. :evil:

I'm beginning to think that I should buy this product to place under my machine (wading pool).
Attachments
41QR8FD4A0L._SL500_AA280_.jpg
41QR8FD4A0L._SL500_AA280_.jpg (10.63 KiB) Viewed 6774 times
Niko

Re: Yippie skippie! I've developed another leak.

Post by Niko »

Is the reservoir leaking?
zoey

Post by zoey »

I've only briefly looked at it because school work has me tied to the desk.

Upon initial inspection, it appears to be the water reservoir. It's seated properly so it must be one or both of the rubber gaskets. Maybe I will try lubing them with silicone.
zoey

Post by zoey »

I thought it was the reservoir but it's actually the male-end of the piping that connects up to the water reservoir. It's dripping like crazy, especially when the reservoir is removed. :evil:
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

zoey wrote:I thought it was the reservoir but it's actually the male-end of the piping that connects up to the water reservoir. It's dripping like crazy, especially when the reservoir is removed. :evil:
Is this a male/female connection that you can reseal with pipe dope or teflon tape or is there some kind of seal there? By the way you are making all of us that opted for a plumbed in S1 feel much better about our decision! Sorry to hear about your continuing problems with the Mini.
zoey

Post by zoey »

It is a 'male-female' connection with the female end being the water reservoir.

The problem is two-fold:
1. Water was leaking when the reservoir was attached properly to the machine. I corrected this by putting Vaseline (it's all I had) on the 2 rubber gaskets, which are located on the 'male' end. The gaskets only provide a seal between the male and female connections. They do not seal/inhibit water from exiting the male connection.

2. When the reservoir is not connected to the machine, water drips (nearly pouring) from the 'male' connection.

Therefore, I am concluding that the male connection is defective. I am unable to visualize the sealing mechanism. I may need to pull the machine apart.....YET AGAIN. :evil:

Return to “Mini General Q&A”