Timer question

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
mx125

Timer question

Post by mx125 »

I'm thinking of getting the factory timer but had a question. One of the issues I have is power outages. Other less complicated timers i use in the house get out of synch because the clock in the timer relies on being powered. A few outages and my settings get out of synch. What happens with the Laspaz timer? Will all the seetings remain intact after an outage, and secondly, is there a backup battery or clock battery that retains a true timeset?

Thanks.
Rob.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Timer question

Post by chas »

The timer has an internal lithium backup battery. I can't say it keeps perfect time. You may need to reset it a few times a year but it's close enough. I sold my V2 after 3 years and never had to replace the battery.

Both the timer and the V2 itself remember all their settings after a power failure. The only caveat is that if the V2 is On and power fails for a couple of minutes, the device will NOT turn back on automatically. The timer will only turn the V2 on at its next scheduled ON time.

The fact that there is a lot to program on the timer and only 3 buttons is a little difficult to get down at first, but if you follow the manual I put together, which is posted under the VII/VII Mini Site link at the top of this web page you should be fine.

As with many clock based devices that can account for DST, these devices (as far as I know) have never had their firmware updated with the new US DST dates. So that means you need to be sure you turn off DST mode and manually change the clock twice a year. The thing to watch out for when you change the time (for any reason) is that DST always defaults to turning back on so you need to both change the time and turn DST back off. They call is "Summer" mode, not DST.

When you think about it, $180 is a lot to pay for this function, but I never had an instant of buyer's remorse after enjoying the convenience it offered. Your best bet is to order via phone rather than internet and see if Chris Coffee will give you a discount.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
mx125

Post by mx125 »

Fantastic. That's great news. As much as I can really expected. As you said . . as long as power doesn't go off at 5:30 am if I've set it to come on at 5am to heat up, I suppose it shouldn't be an issue. I forgot to ask how many on off cycles are there? Is it one on and one off for the day?

Thanks for the reply.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Three
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “General Q&A”