Cup Warmer

Tips and Tricks you have discovered with your S1, VII, Mini-VII, Dream, or Dream T that lets you do any aspect of coffee making, steaming, maintenance, etc better.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Cup Warmer

Post by chas »

Once you've pulled that God Shot you have to maintain that correct pulled temperature as long as possible. The heat on the S1 cup warmer is very good for a machine of its class.

However, if you want those cups hot rather than just warm, fold a clean dish towel in half and place it over the cups on the cup warmer. Works great!

Thanks to Chris Nachtrieb for that hint.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
barjohn

Post by barjohn »

I have been using the double blank shot before making my sespresso and then finally filling the cups with hot water from the water outlet just before pulling the shot. Does this work better?
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Hot Cups

Post by chas »

Try the towel method and see for yourself. I even put my shot glasses up on the warmer. I have a couple of those stainless steel insultated cups and the handles get so hot I can hardly touch them.
Chas
Hottop P/B
bobroseman

heated cups

Post by bobroseman »

I favor the hot water method because I never have the correct cup on the warmer.

:lol: Bob
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Here are some temp measurements I took to see impact of using a towel over the cups on the warming tray.

Chas
Hottop P/B

Return to “Tips & Tricks”