Group Pressure Guage temporarily "hangs up"

Post general questions about operation of your new Mini here. Due to many similarities with the original VII you should also check the VII forum.
Barabus

Group Pressure Guage temporarily "hangs up"

Post by Barabus »

When I operate the machine in semi-automatic mode, sometimes the group pressure gauge hangs up until I restart the flow. This happens typically when I back flush or when I stop a shot prematurely (sometimes) in semi-automatic operation. Is this normal? What is the cause? Why doesn't the group pressure release to zero with the three way release or when the PF is removed? Any ideas? Please note this is just an observation and not really a problem.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Group Pressure Guage temporarily "hangs up"

Post by chas »

Due to the location of the pressure gauge and the way it is plumbed in, it is isolated from the tank and the group head by solenoid valves except when pulling a shot. Therefore only when pulling shots does the gauge indicate anything meaningful.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Barabus

Re: Group Pressure Guage temporarily "hangs up"

Post by Barabus »

chas wrote:Due to the location of the pressure gauge and the way it is plumbed in, it is isolated from the tank and the group head by solenoid valves except when pulling a shot. Therefore only when pulling shots does the gauge indicate anything meaningful.
Thanks for the help. Makes sense to me.

Return to “Mini General Q&A”