s1 vivaldi some problems

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
guttiba35
Freeze Dried

s1 vivaldi some problems

Post by guttiba35 »

Hello guys.sorry for my language first.I have vivaldi old one,and i want to fix it but i have some problems,in here as you can see,i can't find which part is coming in middle on boiler,and i have some electrical problems,i dont know cables is correct,how can i check it ?becouse i think my mainboard isn't correct.becouse i have two cables about on-off switch and eco mode but i can not find where they put on the mainboard,i give you some photos about all of it and i hope you guys can help me,thank you :cheers:
https://imgur.com/a/H28MSo2
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: s1 vivaldi some problems

Post by chas »

First check out the photos on this page:
Steam Boiler Photos

The hole closer to the middle of the top of your boiler is where the temperature probe should be. You won't get far without it. The wire that connects it to the controller board should be somewhere nearby.

Also, there should be a thermal breaker switch connected to one of the bolt holes on the right perimeter of the boiler. It appears that it has snapped off. Normally one of the steam boiler wires connects to this thermal breaker and then a short jumper wire connects from the other side of the breaker to the steam boiler heater element. It appears that your breaker switch has been bypassed by connecting the wire directly to the steam boiler element.

I had the thermal breaker snap off on one of my S1's. I could have tried to drill out the broken bolt and threaded a new thermal breaker switch into the hole. However, I just put some conducive thermal epoxy on the bottom of the broken switch and glued it back in the same place. That worked fine without needing to bypass the thermal protection.

Does your machine have a "naked" controller board or is it enclosed in a black, plastic box? The S1 User's Manual has a crude, but useable diagram of which wire plugs in where. If you don't have this document, you can download it here:
S1 Owner's Manual

I see that most of the water hoses are disconnected from the boiler but I also see that the ends of the hoses for each connection are nearby and not long enough to connect in the wrong places. So that should not be an issue for you.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Any updates on your S1 situation?
Chas
Hottop P/B
guttiba35
Freeze Dried

Post by guttiba35 »

chas wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:27 am First check out the photos on this page:
Steam Boiler Photos

The hole closer to the middle of the top of your boiler is where the temperature probe should be. You won't get far without it. The wire that connects it to the controller board should be somewhere nearby.

Also, there should be a thermal breaker switch connected to one of the bolt holes on the right perimeter of the boiler. It appears that it has snapped off. Normally one of the steam boiler wires connects to this thermal breaker and then a short jumper wire connects from the other side of the breaker to the steam boiler heater element. It appears that your breaker switch has been bypassed by connecting the wire directly to the steam boiler element.

I had the thermal breaker snap off on one of my S1's. I could have tried to drill out the broken bolt and threaded a new thermal breaker switch into the hole. However, I just put some conducive thermal epoxy on the bottom of the broken switch and glued it back in the same place. That worked fine without needing to bypass the thermal protection.

Does your machine have a "naked" controller board or is it enclosed in a black, plastic box? The S1 User's Manual has a crude, but useable diagram of which wire plugs in where. If you don't have this document, you can download it here:
S1 Owner's Manual

I see that most of the water hoses are disconnected from the boiler but I also see that the ends of the hoses for each connection are nearby and not long enough to connect in the wrong places. So that should not be an issue for you.
thank you for help,i check your all links,can you give me a link about the temperature probe please,i need to buy that i guess.
and i need thermal breaker link too for buy.
i check that link too about electrical connection but still i cant figure out how to do,i guess i need check with pictures.
i have a black plastic box but i dont have a document on it.
i hope you guys can help me about electrical systems with pictures.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

I'll wait and see if anyone from Europe responds about a parts source closer to Turkey. (Or is it now Türkiye?) I am only aware of part sources in the US. I don't know which, if any, will ship to Turkey or what they might charge.

If you need part numbers for anything, you can get them in this document:
S! Parts Catalog

This document is in Italian but you only need to ID the desired numbers in the diagrams so the Italian should not be a problem.

BTW: If you can't locate the wire that should attach to the missing temperature probe, you can check the location it attaches to the controller board, then trace the wire from there. The Manual for this is the User's Manual I gave you the link to in a previous entry.
Chas
Hottop P/B

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”