Machine Randomly powers Off

Did you have an issue or question about operation of your Dream T tank machine on Day One right out of the box? If so, report it here and also keep us abreast of the resolution.
cstaples

Machine Randomly powers Off

Post by cstaples »

I put this under the General Section, but it should be here. To restate, my new machine is powering off either during a shot or right after.

I had set the timer and it was waiting for me this morning. I frothed milk (I think this thing may be powered by a 747 engine) and pulled my shot (more on that below).

As soon as the shot was done, it powered off and told me it would see me at 5:45 Tuesday (at this point, today is the only day I programmed.)

In terms of the shot, I had programmed a double for 25 seconds into my user profile, but when I pulled the shot this morning, it didn't stop at 25s, so I manually stopped it at 30s. Still made a nice cappuccino. I'm not as concerned about that, because that could be user error, and I will go back and revisit the programming.

Will call Chris' this morning. Please, sweet Jesus, don't have them say box it up. I have to hire a team just to lift it!
SSgt93

Re: Machine Randomly powers Off

Post by SSgt93 »

I hope you get this fixed, it should be fairly easy. Did you update your software? I'm looking at your machine, but others are suggesting the Vivalde II Mini as the issues are worked out. I would like the Dream though to not have a separate timer.
cstaples

Post by cstaples »

Software seems to be up to date.

The Chris' Coffee people seem confused. They said there's only been one other machine with a similar problem, but it would turn off randomly after hot water doses, not coffee.

At least I have the security that if it can be fixed, CC will do it!
SSgt93

Post by SSgt93 »

I know version 1.18 was released not long ago and 1.19 was in the works? You may want to check to be sure though.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

I am clueless about what might be causing this. However, a couple of questions and a couple of comments.

1) Do you know what version of software you are running? If not do you know how to find out? Hint: there are two ways.
2) It's probably a HW problem but there is always an outside chance that the original program didn't load correctly. The SD card that shipped with your reader has the software version currently loaded on your machine. (Ok, I gave away one of the two ways.) You should try reloading that SW just for grins. How to do this is covered in the User's Manual.
3) There is no such thing as programming the machine to run for 25s and then shut off. The mechanism is called a volumetric doser because it doses by volume. So you are programming the machine to deliver a specific volume of water. Getting that to be 25s depending on you having the grind, the dose, and the tamping perfect; i.e. you'll erarely see 25s but it doesn't matter. Only the end result in the cup matters.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

I assume by now you have contacted CCS? I was talking to Jason this morning on a different topic and he mentioned that they have a few machines that are doing this and they can not figure out what the heck is causing it. (Yours may even be included in his comments.) He said they have swapped most every part and the problem persists. LaSpaziale is looking at it but they haven't figured it out yet either.

I think you're best and maybe only option at this point is to send it back and demand a replacement. The odds of getting two in a row with this problem should be pretty low.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
cstaples

Post by cstaples »

Old machine sent back, new machine installed and working!

Return to “Dream T Day One Issues”