How to remove side panels?

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
rick.monroe

How to remove side panels?

Post by rick.monroe »

I've got an S1 V2 and recently tried - and failed - to remove a side panel. I DID experience the joy of dropping a thumbscrew into the innards - twice - so I've got that going for me, at least. ;-)

I searched Chas's manual and also this forum, but I didn't see any instructions.

In my attempt to take off the right panel, I removed 2 thumbscrews - 1 near the drip tray and 1 under the cup tray - and 2 screws from the bottom plate. Something still seems to be holding the panel on. What am I missing?
Jake8

Re: How to remove side panels?

Post by Jake8 »

I ran into the same problem and then found another hidden thumb screw that was holding it on. Its pretty sneaky but once you find it you'll have a D'OH moment.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Yeah, that would be two under the warming tray, not one!
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
rick.monroe

Post by rick.monroe »

I'll take your word for it. And for others, I'll take a photo if I ever find it. ;-)
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

For the same reason you're having a hard time finding it, it's almost impossible to photograph.

However, see photo #3 on this page:

s1v1/S1Photos.php
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
rick.monroe

Post by rick.monroe »

Thanks for the help Chas, and also for all the work you've put into this site. I didn't look at the S1 V1 photos because I thought the panel fastenings had been redesigned.

I was able to snap a photo to show the two screws under the cupwarmer Wow, the front one will be very easy to fumble.
Right side panel from the inside. Note the two thumbscrews. The left side panel also has two thumbscrews.
Right side panel from the inside. Note the two thumbscrews. The left side panel also has two thumbscrews.
thumbscrews-under-cupwarmer.jpg (22.83 KiB) Viewed 7172 times

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”