Cafe Rico???

Discussion of various types and blends of commercially available pre-roasted beans, their best sources, prices, their respective merits, and the Vivaldi settings required to optimism flavor.
fiddlefly

Cafe Rico???

Post by fiddlefly »

Hello!

This Question is for people from Montreal or around... Have you sampled Cafe Rico's coffees ?
I'd like to get your comments!
Endo

Re: Cafe Rico???

Post by Endo »

Haven't tried them yet.

You might want to try asking on CoffeeGeek. This forum has a lot smaller audience that discusses mostly Vivaldi stuff. Regional questions about coffee sellers won't get many answers.
fiddlefly

Post by fiddlefly »

You are right!
But I was thinking you may have tried it!
Endo

Post by Endo »

I'm trying out fewer places these days since I've gotten into roasting. I still like trying out the espresso blends that are getting a lot of discussion on-line. I usually just pass by Caffe in Gamba. It seems JF always has something new to try.
fiddlefly

Post by fiddlefly »

Which machine are you using for roasting?
And do you like the results you get?
Endo

Post by Endo »

I'm using a Behmor 1600. It seems to be very popular right now. I think the big reason for its success is the fact that it can roast 1lb and the machine only costs $299 (or $399 in Canada).

All the other machines are either too small (roast very small batches), or cost too much (2x the price of the Behmor).

The Behmor is not perfect. The most common complaints are the roast profiles are not customizable and the cool down is a bit slow. But this has not been a very minor issue for me. I simply use the 1lb setting to roast 14 oz of green beans once a week, and I have fresh coffee that tastes great.

It's fun experimenting by roasting different beans. It really helps to educate your espresso taste buds (and it's fun).

Return to “Pre-Roasted Beans”