S1VII Preinfusion Not Working

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
Wh0sThere
Freeze Dried

S1VII Preinfusion Not Working

Post by Wh0sThere »

Hi All - I am a new owner of a S1 Vivaldi II manufactured in 2011. The machine is in good condition and everything is working fine except for preinfusion so I'm trying to understand if I am doing something wrong.

Currently there is no preinfusion when pulling a shot. I cannot enter the preinfusion menu. When I press the boiler button in the configuration mode, nothing happens. I know the button works because it works during normal operation. It's like the machine doesn't recognize the option for preinfusion.

I believe it is running the correct firmware - I see the 3 yellow leds on power up and I can switch it between V1 and V2 modes. I can also adjust offset temperature. I have not tried the extended offset temperature yet.

Has anyone come across this or does my device needs upgraded firmware for preinfusion? I read this is only the case before 2008, but maybe not in all cases? I also read that if it enters V2 mode on power up then it should have updated firmware.

Thanks in advance!
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: S1VII Preinfusion Not Working

Post by chas »

You should contact Chris Coffee Service to see what they will charge you to update the firmware.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “VII General Q&A”