Vibe pump doesn't turn on and flow meter failure on Dream T

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
timvander84
Freeze Dried

Vibe pump doesn't turn on and flow meter failure on Dream T

Post by timvander84 »

I bought a second hand Dream T from a guy who was open with me that it wasn't working due to "flow issues." Because it seemed like a great deal and I like tinkering with things I decided to buy it knowing I may have to put more money and time into it.

When I got it home I filled the reservoir, plugged it in, and followed the instructions for filling the coffee boiler. When pressing the single or double shot buttons I got just a click noise (I believe the solenoid valve) but I could not hear the pump turn on. Then I decided to turn the machine on and press the single or double shot button to see if the pump turns on. No pump and I got the error code "Flow meter failure." I followed instructions I found online for removing and checking the flow meter to make sure the jet was not obstructed and the magnetic sensor freely spins, it all seemed fine.

My thought now is that the pump is bad and needs to be replaced or there's an electrical issue somewhere. I did specifically ask the seller about the pump and he said he thought it was fine. I've removed the rear panel to look at the pump and all the wiring appears to be connected properly. So my questions are the following:
1) Does this sound like a faulty vibe pump issue or something else?
2) Is there a good way to test if the vibe pump is bad? Is there a way of doing it with a multimeter or do you need to supply it with the proper AC voltage and see if it runs?

I tried reaching out to Chris' Coffee to ask questions to their service people but they said it wasn't purchased from them and so they couldn't help. Thanks for any help!

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”