Random problem.

Did your new VII work fine initially but have an in warranty (year one) problem later. Post here for advice. Later report on your fix. Posted photos documenting repairs are encouraged.
zedex
God Shot

Random problem.

Post by zedex »

Hi. So my v2 is working excellent as it should. But i am having a random problem where the timer is not turning on the machine or off.
The machine timer schedule is as follows.
Monday through Friday, machine turns on at 5:30 am turns off 7am. Turns on again 3pm, turns off at 6 pm. Simple
Saturday /Sunday..Machine turns on a 5:30am, off at 10am, on again at 3pm,off at 6pm.

It started last week when on monday, the machine did not turn on at 5:30 am. Went through the timer and made sure the on /off times were still programmed properly. I went through the timer and made sure all days were programmed correctly. That worked for about 4 days. So on Saturday/ today, Machine came on at 5:30 am and turned off at probably around 7am. On the weekend it should turn off at 10am. I went through the timer again and yes, it was programmed correctly to turn off at 10 am but turned off at 7 or so. So i turned the machine on manually at 8 am when i got up, machine was still warm so i knew it turned off at approx 7. Ok. Something is funny ,probably timer is screwing up again. I made my latte at 8am, and left the machine on because it turns off at 10am. 10 am comes and goes, machine stays on. WTF?? I turn machine off and we leave to do whatever. Come home after 3 pm and the machine turned on properly at 3 pm, and then turned off at 6. So i dont know if its the timer, or the machine. It could be either.
I will call CCS on Monday and see if they can help.
I hate random problems.

Interesting story.

I also had a problem with my Vario on friday. I am happily grinding my shot when suddenly. WHAM!!! machine stops dead and motor is buzzing because grinder in completely seized.WTF??? I quickly stop the grinder and try starting it again. BZZZZZZZZZ. Yup , its seized solid.
So i dump all my beans out, and low and behold, there is a machine screw lodged in the ceramic burs . Hmmm. The screw is an old style philips head and also slot. Either or.. So im thinking that my bean guys roaster shed a screw. The screw was totally jammed in between the heads, and the slamming action changed my grind setting to full on course setting. So i was able to pull out the screw with a pair of needle nose vice grips. It was wedged in between the heads real good. I took the heads apart and they look fine. Put it all back together and everything grinds fine.
I run into my bean guy and tell him. Hes like. Yea. I had to buy a guy another grinder a while back as there was a steel nut in his machine. He says he gets the beans that way and even though he has magnets in his roaster, odd times steel things get through. At one point he found a bullet in his beans, they are from Guatemala.
So anyways. No biggie. My grinder still works great so far. I have an extra screw . :)

Return to “VII In Warranty Problems”