Using Home Automation to turn on/off ?

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
Livin

Using Home Automation to turn on/off ?

Post by Livin »

I'm considering getting an S1 but a huge factor for me is being able to connect it to my home automation. The 7 day timer not not work for my needs.

I currently have a Silvia which, via Z-wave wall module, turns on/off based on home automation events... and I can control it from my mobile phone. So if I'm out and about and decide I want a coffee when I get home, I simply logon to my software and turn on the machine. Also as nice, I can turn it off too if it gets locally turned on & I forget to turn it off before I leave the house.

Most of the time the steam boiler will remain off so I'm not concerned about controlling it... just simple on/off power at the wall plug and ensuring the brew boiler turns on/off.

Can the S1 do this?
Endo

Re: Using Home Automation to turn on/off ?

Post by Endo »

The Vivaldis require you hold the "ON" button for about 3 seconds for it to turn on. So it won't work with z-wave automation.

Still, if you have some basic knowledge in electronics, you should be able to build something that would fit in between the 2 devices to accomplish the task.

Like this:

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=261&p=16715
Livin

Re: Using Home Automation to turn on/off ?

Post by Livin »

Endo wrote:The Vivaldis require you hold the "ON" button for about 3 seconds for it to turn on. So it won't work with z-wave automation.

Still, if you have some basic knowledge in electronics, you should be able to build something that would fit in between the 2 devices to accomplish the task.

Like this:

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=261&p=16715
Looks like the mods posted there are for V1... and many images are missing since the thread is so old.

Hoping someone has insight to an easy V2 mod... best if it is simply using the same port the 7-day timer does (so there is no need to pull the unit apart) :)

Return to “General Q&A”