Mini Drain Valve

Post general questions about operation of your new Mini here. Due to many similarities with the original VII you should also check the VII forum.
Endo

Mini Drain Valve

Post by Endo »

I hear the newer Mini Vivaldis now come with a drain valve on the steam boiler for descaling. Anybody have one yet and can show a photo?
oton

Re: Mini Drain Valve

Post by oton »

I'll check.Where's supposed to be located?
Endo

Post by Endo »

oton wrote:I'll check.Where's supposed to be located?
Never seen one. But I assume it would have to be on the side of the steam boiler, near the bottom. This seems like the only place you could get access.
Endo

Post by Endo »

Just got word that the new Mini Vivaldis have a drain nut on the bottom of the steam boiler. If you take out the reservoir and look up from inside, you'll see the support now has a hole in it with a drain nut.

Just like the new side panels, it's very cool to see LaSpaziale fixes these issues so fast! Think they read this forum? :grin:
Dodger1

Post by Dodger1 »

Just got my new Mini from CC and it does have the boiler drain valve.

FYI, it's located exactly as Endo described.
Last edited by Dodger1 on Tue May 26, 2009 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dodger1

Post by Dodger1 »

Here you go

oton

Post by oton »

wow. I have the hole in the support but not the nut. :-?
Endo

Post by Endo »

Damn that's nice! Wish I had that rather than having to flip the machine upside-down to get the descaler out (that's what they do a Chris Coffee by the way).

Too bad we can't see what the bolt is threaded into on the boiler. Is there a boss welded on? If it's just threaded, that would be a super easy mod.

Too bad Oton. Looks like you missed the new boiler by only a few serial numbers! :-(

Return to “Mini General Q&A”