Setting up 20 Amp Full Power Mode

General questions, comments, and discussions about the Dream Tank version. New owners post your impressions of your Dream T - likes, dislikes, and any other comments.
monkeybongo
Latte

Setting up 20 Amp Full Power Mode

Post by monkeybongo »

I'm a recent owner of an "almost" new Dream T that I picked up from the local classifieds for $1500CDN. So far it looks to be a nice step over my ECM Giotto, although the first thing I did was flash the firmware which is something I never thought I'd have to do for an espresso machine. The 15 Amp mode is pretty quick to warm up but I have some questions regarding setting up the 20 Amp modes.

All my kitchen outlets and breakers are 20 Amp so I followed the instructions for the full power mode to "on" but the "E" mode still shows in the LCD even though I follow the instructions in the GUI manual. Is there another physical switch or something that I have to enable full power mode?

Page 6, GUI manual
The “E” in the upper left corner stands for Economy mode; i.e. 15A mode. If you have the Dream plugged into a 15A outlet this needs to be showing. The Menu to set this is covered later and is referred to as Full Power - ON (20A) or OFF (15A).

Page, GUI manual
7.32 Full Power (15A/20A Setting)
Use the Up or Down arrows to select the desired value, then press the Menu button to lock in the value and return to Menu screen #4.
Off = 15A mode. In this mode the steam boiler and the group boiler heater elements will never be switched on simultaneously.
On = 20A mode. In this mode the steam boiler and the group boiler heater elements will be switched on simultaneously as required.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Setting up 20 Amp Full Power Mode

Post by chas »

If you have used the menu options to confirm that software version 1.19 is installed AND the Full Power option is set to ON, then I am stumped. If both of these are true, the "E" should be off.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
monkeybongo
Latte

Post by monkeybongo »

I tried a couple of more times and unplugging and eventually just did a reset to factory default settings and finally worked. I suppose something related to flashing from 1.17 to 1.19.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Sounds like the update didn't actually load properly until you performed those other tasks. The issue with E showing when it wasn't supposed to was one of the bugs in SW 1.17.

Did you check to see that the offset is set to 0F?
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “Dream T General Q&A”