Dream pump is missing.

General questions, comments, and discussions about the Plumbed Dream machine. New owners post your impressions of your Dream - likes, dislikes, and any other comments.
ibnedaood
Latte

Dream pump is missing.

Post by ibnedaood »

Hi guys...
The pump of my S1 Dream some time works and some time not, and " low pump pressure " message appear.
But when it work, run properly and gives a perfect shot. What is your's opinion Does the machine need descaling or is there some other problem?

Sent from my SM-C9000 using Tapatalk

mmg
Macchiato

Re: Dream pump is missing.

Post by mmg »

I don't own a Dream, but this sounds a lot like the common issue with the vivaldi where the pump leaks and the shaft between pump and motor can fill with scale.
I would remove the pump and look at it. See more here.
ibnedaood
Latte

Post by ibnedaood »

Thanks for guidance.
I suspected it was a scaling problem and I was thinking of trying to de-scale the machine by putting citric acid in a 20 liter water can but now I would like to solve the problem with more guidance from here.

ibnedaood
Latte

Post by ibnedaood »

Continuous experience over the past two weeks has shown that the pump does not work at all as soon as the machine is turned on, but when the machine heats up well, that is, about forty to fifty minutes after it is turned on, the pump is not 100 percent, but most of the time. It seems to work. For example, if you press the button four times, it works three times. Where do you think the problem is?

chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

You may want to check the large capacitor that sits above the motor. The motor will not reliably start if that cap starts to go bad or has a loose connection. If you need a new one I see there is one on eBay for $17.00. Also, be sure to upgrade your machine to firmware version 1.24 if you are on an earlier version.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
ibnedaood
Latte

Post by ibnedaood »

Ok. I will check...

Return to “Dream General Q&A”