What is your Offset figure on your Dream?

General questions, comments, and discussions about the Plumbed Dream machine. New owners post your impressions of your Dream - likes, dislikes, and any other comments.
etout00

What is your Offset figure on your Dream?

Post by etout00 »

On my Dream machine the offset is listed as 0 degrees in the 'Factory' menu option. I was hoping that anyone else who owns a Dream can check theirs as well. During bench testing all machines were supposed to be tested with a Scace device and the offset figure was to be programed in before shipment. I am not sure if my machine was actually tested or if my calibration was that dead on already?

If anyone else has Dream please post what your offset figure is under the 'Factory' menu option.
Brian

Re: What is your Offset figure on your Dream?

Post by Brian »

Mine is set to 0 degrees also.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Here is what Jason at Chris Coffee has to say about the 0F offset:

Chas,

The offset should be set to 0. They have moved the temperature sensor to the top of the boiler so it is more accurate and responsive. It is also a different style temperature sensor. When they designed the machine they tried to make it so the temperature would be accurate so the offset could be set to 0. As the machine ages and is less efficient then it can be raised, but should be accurate at 0. We have scaced them, but they are all either very accurate or if it is a little off then it is only 1/4-1/2 of a degree so since it is in 1 degree increments it cannot be changed so we have left them at 0. We will continue to test them to see if we see any variance. Happy Holidays.

Regards,

Jason Verenini
Chris’ Coffee
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
etout00

Post by etout00 »

chas wrote:Here is what Jason at Chris Coffee has to say about the 0F offset:

Chas,

The offset should be set to 0. They have moved the temperature sensor to the top of the boiler so it is more accurate and responsive. It is also a different style temperature sensor. When they designed the machine they tried to make it so the temperature would be accurate so the offset could be set to 0. As the machine ages and is less efficient then it can be raised, but should be accurate at 0. We have scaced them, but they are all either very accurate or if it is a little off then it is only 1/4-1/2 of a degree so since it is in 1 degree increments it cannot be changed so we have left them at 0. We will continue to test them to see if we see any variance. Happy Holidays.

Regards,

Jason Verenini
Chris’ Coffee
Chas, thanks for clearing this up, much appreciated.
Endo

Post by Endo »

Still no word on warming flushes? Is this a thing of the past?

Return to “Dream General Q&A”