Steam wand vivaldi II

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
zedex
God Shot

Steam wand vivaldi II

Post by zedex »

Quick question i did a 4 page search but no luck.
I have a water drip only in certain positions where the steam wand swivels on the machine. So i have good steam and a small drip at the swivel itself. Is there an Oring or some type of seal on that swivel fitting?
Cheers Colin
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Steam wand vivaldi II

Post by chas »

There are two O rings in that area. Check out page 3 of the parts manual here: V2 Parts Manual. The 2 needed O Rings are parts numbered: 7280 and 8289. Most decent hardware stores probably have the correct sizes in stock. Take these two O Rings with you so you can match them up. Alternately, the exact replacements can be ordered from Chris Coffee Service or possibly another LaSpaziale parts source.

I have had the O ring that sits on top of the ball joint crack. That causes a leak just as you described. Once removed you should probably replace both O Rings.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
zedex
God Shot

Post by zedex »

Thanks Chas. The parts manual link no worky. The requested page could not be found. Funny. That top nut is not 19mm wrench, thats too small, nor is it 13/16 ,too big. Of course a have multiple wrench sets non of which have a 20mm. Must be 25/32 which i dont have. Also nut wont come loose i guess i have to take machine apart a bit.
Cheers Colin
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Strange. I cut and pasted the link and it works in Chrome on my PC but not on my Android devices. I am trying to figure out why.

Otherwise, that nut probably is a 20mm. Since the machine was designed and built in Italy, everything is metric.
Chas
Hottop P/B
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

I think I have the link fixed in the original email. Give it another try.
Chas
Hottop P/B
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

BTW: When I bought my first espresso machine, I had a lot of tools but nothing metric. Now I have a complete set of metric crescent wrenches, socket wrenches, Nut Drivers, Torx wrenches, and Allen wrenches. Not all these are for the LaSpaziale.
Chas
Hottop P/B
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Also, you may want to read this post:R&R for steam washer replacement
Chas
Hottop P/B
zedex
God Shot

Post by zedex »

Thanks Chas.
zedex
God Shot

Post by zedex »

That was easier than i thought it would be. Luckily i had seals that fit. Its a bit more difficult on this machine as its plumbed in including drainage tray. All good though. Thanks Chas for the info.
zedex
God Shot

Post by zedex »

Well. My seal is not great as it still leaks. Not the proper seal. So i see chris coffee has them which is where i bought my machine. Looks good. 2 o ring seals. $2.90. looks good. Shipping to Canada. Only $39.30. lol. 2 tiny seals you can put in an envelope. $40 to ship them. hmmm. Thats a deal.
zedex
God Shot

Post by zedex »

Hi Chas. You dont happen to have the parts manual for the S1 V2? The parts manual you provided in post 2 is not the same as a Vivaldi II. If you look at the parts list for the steam wand. Its the one on the left. The part 7579 does not look like that part. There is a collar that fits into the spring. And the seal 7580 looks like it may sit maybe inside the bottom of 7579. Looking at the seal part 7580 it says OR(o ring) 12,10x2.7 What does the 12 represent? The 10x2.7 i assume is 10mm ID and 2.7 would be the thickness of the seal 2.7mm. I have this seal and it doesnt jive with the drawing. Its way larger than the part 7579 it actually fits around its circumference. Looking at other parts are different as well. The steam knob in the drawing shoes a c clip holding it on. Its actually a brass bolt/washer. So anyways it still leaks and thats the seal that leaking. Makes no sense the size they post and the actual size of seal and part.
zedex
God Shot

Post by zedex »

I think i have it now. Seems to be sealing. The diagram is not in proper order so kind of confusing the way its drawn up. I called CC to confirm.
Cheers

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”