4mm OD teflon tube source

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
BenC
Freeze Dried

4mm OD teflon tube source

Post by BenC »

Hi all,

I have damaged the water inlet tube to the steam boiler which is 4mm OD teflon tube (I assume 2 x 4mm). I am struggling to find a reasonably local, reasonably priced source (I am in NSW Australia). However there is loads of 4mm teflon tube on ebay, labelled as 3D printer bowden cable. Can I use that in my machine? Or is there a risk of failure?

Cheers Ben
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: 4mm OD teflon tube source

Post by chas »

I don't have a definitive answer to your question. However, the water inlet tube to the steam boiler is never more than ~1.3bar and it's cold water so that should expand your options.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
goodboyr
Barista

Post by goodboyr »

The tubing La Spaz uses in the dream is 4mm OD by 2.5 mm ID if you are searching. Of course Chris Coffee has it, but that's certainly not local to you.

https://www.chriscoffee.com/products/te ... 4853789732

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Bob
La Spaziale Dream and Baratza Sette 270W
BenC
Freeze Dried

Post by BenC »

Thanks for the replies. I was a bit surprised the local espresso service places don't have any plain tube. However I found a part for Nespresso/Delonghi which is a length of 4mm tube with brass fittings at each end for $9 which I can cut to length.

Cheers Ben

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”