Vivaldi S1 Boiler Switch cannot be turn off

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
huangrich
Freeze Dried

Vivaldi S1 Boiler Switch cannot be turn off

Post by huangrich »

Hi, Everyone,

My Vivaldi S1 recently boiler cannot be turn off. I used alcohol to clean the control panel pcb and switch keycaps. However, the problem is still there. Has any suggestions help me? Thanks for your time.

Huang
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Vivaldi S1 Boiler Switch cannot be turn off

Post by chas »

A number of folks have had the steam boiler triac short out. What you are seeing are the classic symptoms of that failure. Here in the US, a new board is $36 plus shipping. Your Mileage May Vary.

Here's what the replacement boards look like. I think the big heat sync is new but I may just be forgetting what that board actually looks like. If that is new, it is probably part of a redesign to eliminate this issue as I have never seen this shorting failure on the group boiler triac, which conducts far less current.

The steam boiler triac is the one nearest the front of the machine. One 110VAC models there is a cooling fan underneath. On 220VAC models there is no fan since the triac only has to conduct 1/2 as much current at twice the line voltage.
S1 Triac Board.jpg
The above photo is from the Chris Coffee Service website which is in New York State. Hopefully you have a parts source closer to Taiwan since the shipping from New York is probably high.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
huangrich
Freeze Dried

Post by huangrich »

Hi, Chas,

Thanks for your information and big help. I will try to replace it.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Any luck?
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”