Smart mode on S1 dream

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
Moedeeb
Freeze Dried

Smart mode on S1 dream

Post by Moedeeb »

I have bought a Dream and the Smart mode for using a automatic plug through Alexa etc seems to reset itself back to off if I use the power button on the machine itself at all. This means I have to reset back to smart on in the programme section. Does anyone use this feature and should it work in this way. It would be much better if it just remembered it was in Smart mode all the time.

Also it looks like I have some non functioning Led blue lights on some of the icons round the display any ideas?
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Smart mode on S1 dream

Post by chas »

Are you on firmware version 1.24 or later? I think smart mode was added in 1.24. My Dream is not on 1.24 yet so I don't know what turning on that mode entails.

I have never had problems with the LEDs on mine. I assume you probably need to replace the entire front panel. Since the controller board is also built into the front panel, I would expect that part to be pretty pricey. Of course if your machine is less than 2 years old, the part should be a free warranty replacement.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Moedeeb
Freeze Dried

Re: Smart mode on S1 dream

Post by Moedeeb »

I’m on the latest firmware. I am hopefully getting a new cpu/ control panel but only after I have sent the broken one back. Hooefulky it won’t take too long.

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”