Dream T - can't fill boiler after storage

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
freshcoffeedaily
Freeze Dried

Dream T - can't fill boiler after storage

Post by freshcoffeedaily »

Hi, thanks in advance for any help!

I have a La Spaziale Dream T (non-plumbed). I drained the boiler and put it in storage for 6 months. Yesterday, I took it out of storage and tried to refill the boiler before turning it on. I pressed the circle button on the right of the control panel for 5 seconds, "THRESHOLD A" appeared. When I press the circle button again to select that option, the contorl panel screen shuts off, instead of going to the next step. I've repeated this 20 times in two days.

In storage, it potentially could have been damaged when a worker dropped the box (it was properly packed up, so not sure).

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to reset the machine? Any potential damage I should look into?
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Dream T - can't fill boiler after storage

Post by chas »

Do you know what version of software the machine is running? That usually shows on the front panel right after you apply power. I know they don't use the Threshold A /B feature anymore. I can't remember now if that's because the new firmware no longer needs it or if it means you have an early production device.

You may also want to look at this manual: Dream and Dream T GUI Manual
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
freshcoffeedaily
Freeze Dried

I don't want to turn the machine on (as I was warned not to do when the boiler is empty) so I can't see the software version. I bought it in November 2018. Serial#: 268459. The production date is 09/2017. According to Chris Coffee, the latest firmware (1.24) does use threshold A/B, but perhaps there is a newer update?
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Didn't CCS offer a two-year warranty on this machine when you bought it? If so, their tech support should handle this and provide you with whatever free support you need to return your machine to operation.
Chas
Hottop P/B
freshcoffeedaily
Freeze Dried

Unfortunately - to my big regret - I bought it through a distributor in LA who is no longer available / in business.

I read through the GUI Manual you linked, and the way it refers to selecting THRESHOLD A matches exactly what my machine is doing. This contradicts what it says in the manual - and doesn't explain how to fill the boiler before turning the machine on. Is is possible the "filling the boiler" setup is now done after turning the machine on?

(thank you for all the help, by the way! i'm pretty confused here on what to do)
freshcoffeedaily
Freeze Dried

Call off the dogs, I figured it out, To engage refilling the boiler, you press and hold the manual shot button for 5 seconds, not the menu/ok button. The manuals could be a lot more clear about this. Thanks for the help, Chas!
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

The Dream-T manual I have explicitly says to start by pressing the Menu/OK button for 5 seconds. This is supposed to pop up a screen telling you to then press the one or two-cup buttons to actually start the pump. Sounds like maybe they changed this in the new software version. So the newest manual should have changed the wording in this section. And the newest manual should state that it worked such and such a way before version x.x but now works differently.

Of course, it's also possible that it's always worked like this and the manual has always been wrong. I'll have to leave confirmation of which way it is by asking someone else that actually owns the tank model. My only experience has been with the plumbed-in version.
Chas
Hottop P/B
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

dream-t.png
dream-t.png (271.98 KiB) Viewed 4850 times
Here's an excerpt from the latest Dream-T manual. If it doesn't work like this, I guess the documentation is wrong.
Chas
Hottop P/B

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”