Any Kid-O Fans??

Discussion of various types and blends of commercially available pre-roasted beans, their best sources, prices, their respective merits, and the Vivaldi settings required to optimism flavor.
JohnB

Any Kid-O Fans??

Post by JohnB »

I'm struggling to find something to like after many shots & many different temp/dose combinations. What flavors do you get & what seems to be the best temp/dose?
JohnB

Re: Any Kid-O Fans??

Post by JohnB »

I guess this isn't one of Intelli's more popular blends?? If you decide to try it plan on a good 7 days from roast before it really starts to shine. I am now getting tasty shots (dark chocolate/sweet finish) using 15.5g/93c/30 sec+.
nicfortin

Post by nicfortin »

Kid O's like hot temp. and regular dose. That is what we used (don't work there anymore) at CommuniTea Cafe.
I like Kid O's half-half with Black Cat at preferred temp for BC. :wink:

enjoy.
nic
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

nicfortin wrote:Kid O's like hot temp. and regular dose. That is what we used (don't work there anymore) at CommuniTea Cafe.

enjoy.
nic
What do consider a "hot" temp? My best results have been with 93c.
nicfortin

Post by nicfortin »

JohnB wrote:
nicfortin wrote:Kid O's like hot temp. and regular dose. That is what we used (don't work there anymore) at CommuniTea Cafe.

enjoy.
nic
What do consider a "hot" temp? My best results have been with 93c.
Sorry about that... Hot is not cold... :lol:

BC temp was around 197-198F (92C) so Kid O's is a bit more hot so anything around 93-95C.Taste is subjective so go with your palate. Thoses temp. were policy at THAT cafe...
I pull everything on my S1 with temp set to 93 or 95 (I don't have a 53mm Scace so I don't know exactly...) latelly and go with what my palate like at the moment. We have that chance in our home with a good machine like the S1, in a commercial environment set of rules are important to be consistent so customers get what they are accustomed to.

Have a nice shot!
nic

Return to “Pre-Roasted Beans”