Belle Espresso

Discussion of various types and blends of commercially available pre-roasted beans, their best sources, prices, their respective merits, and the Vivaldi settings required to optimism flavor.
Endo

Belle Espresso

Post by Endo »

I was having fairly good success with a temperature of 97C for by last bag of Black Cat. I got some Klatch - Belle Espresso at Christmas and was wondering if anyone has tried it and if so, what temperature they use.

I must say, the Black Cat will probably be my last bag. It seems to have lost something lately while the Belle Espresso has really been quite impressive.
JohnB

Re: Belle Espresso

Post by JohnB »

97C is extremely hot for any espresso, I don't remember ever having to use anything higher then 95C. The Black Cat I received in early Sept was fine at 93C but others on here went as high as 95c. I do agree that the BC is not what it used to be but I have to wonder if the temp offset on your machine is properly calibrated. CC checks each machine with a Scace device before shipping & adjusts accordingly as the generic factory setting is not correct for every machine.
jpreiser
Americano

Re: Belle Espresso

Post by jpreiser »

[New S1V2 owner (3 weeks) and 1st post here.]

As a data point, I'm currently pulling 14-15g Black Cat (roast date 12/15/08 & frozen until this past Sunday) doubles at 95C with 3 sec of preinfusion.

I was getting more acidic flavors at 93C than I liked (at least in coffee) so I upped the temperature after reading elsewhere here that others preferred the taste. 94C was better than 93C but 95C was better yet. I haven't tried hotter temps though.

I get mostly chocolate with a little tobacco some times (to my palate) at the higher temperature. It does seem that the beans are leaving the sweet spot of freshness though since I'm not getting even the little fruit I was experiencing with the last bag (same roast date).

Re: Belle Espresso - It's on my list of things to try next so will be keeping an eye on this thread for any suggestions.
Vivaldi S1V2, Macap MXA
Bunn BTX, CCD, Chemex, Aeropress, Baratza Virtuoso
Gene Cafe

Return to “Pre-Roasted Beans”