Vario question

Discussion of coffee grinder hardware. How to get the most out of specific grinders. Cleaning and maintenance issues with grinders. Comparison of different grinders.
az erik

Vario question

Post by az erik »

How loud is a Vario? I'm looking to possibly down scale my grinder, again in attempt to gain some counter space back. I don't HAVE to do this as I can just as easily dropp a cart next to my counter and move my entire set up over 3 feet, it just makes the sink farther away, though I could put a sink in the cart, just for rinsing out the PF anyway. I had a Rocky many years back and nearly needed to go outside to use it without waking the wife, is the Vario about that same level? (I've been spoiled with the Silencio, which isn't dead silent but not bad either, I've heard Mazzers that were quieter.)
Louis

Re: Vario question

Post by Louis »

I've only owned a Rocky (about 2 years), and now a Vario (about two years also). The Vario is definitely quieter than the Rocky. That said, I cannot compare them to any other grinder.
Endo

Vario question

Post by Endo »

I owned a Rocky, Vario and Mazzer. I'd say the Vario is the quietest of the bunch (but not by a huge amount).

I register exactly 95 decibels using my iPad decibel app (if that means anything). For comparison, my S1 Mini pump is a bit quieter at 85 db.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
PJNanook
Latte

Re: Vario question

Post by PJNanook »

I love the Vario. Just had my repaired. It had the old gear in it and it failed. I live in their area and was able to drop it off. New improved gear and let while I waited.

It is pretty quiet but it is the only one I have had.

Great folks. Great Grinder.

Return to “Coffee Grinders”