Mini Vivaldii 2 - water leak from group after brewing coffee

If something breaks post warranty, let us know about it. Tell us how you fixed it. Let us know how much the parts cost.
michalzyl

Mini Vivaldii 2 - water leak from group after brewing coffee

Post by michalzyl »

Hello
I am happy user of La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II (tank version) unfortunately I currently experience some problems with it. When the boiler is hot after brewing a coffee, there is a leak from delivery group and the drain plug that is going to drip tray. I found some answers on different forums and it looks like it is faulty spring inside the valve at the tank. Can you please confirm if that could be the case? If so are you able to explain where it can be located and is it easy to fix?
I think the issue started after I cleaned the machine with Puly Cafe powder first time which I added to the portafilter with blind cover.

Many thanks
Mike
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Mini Vivaldii 2 - water leak from group after brewing coffee

Post by chas »

Based on your description of where it is leaking, it sounds like the opposite side of the machine from where the tank is. It sounds more like you may have dislodged some gunk during cleaning that got caught up in the solenoid valve that switches between group and three-way valve. You might start by doing 1-2 more backflush cycles to see if you can dislodge it.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
EliseuM

Post by EliseuM »

As we're in the topic, how often do you backflush guys?

Currently I'm backflushing with cafiza once a week, in a two coffee per day consumption.

Once a month I disassembly the shower and dispersion disc and clean them.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

EliseuM wrote:As we're in the topic, how often do you backflush guys?

Currently I'm backflushing with cafiza once a week, in a two coffee per day consumption.

Once a month I disassembly the shower and dispersion disc and clean them.
Actually that's completely off this topic. You should try here where backflushing frequency is the topic which was found using the exceptionally useful Search box at the top right of the page: viewtopic.php?f=71&t=2204&p=23808&hilit ... ush#p23808
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “VII Out-of-Warranty Problems”