A Sad, Sad Day!!

If something breaks post warranty, let us know about it. Tell us how you fixed it. Let us know how much the parts cost.
JohnB

A Sad, Sad Day!!

Post by JohnB »

My first real breakdown. :cry: The steam boiler stopped refilling late this afternoon as I was drawing water for my wife's evening tea. After unplugging & reattaching the red fill sensor wire the boiler refilled when I turned it back on but the next time I turned on the tap it was out again. Tried the same trick but no joy. I'll check all the connections & pull the sensor in the morning but since it was recently descaled I doubt it could have a lot of build up on it. At least I can still make espresso!! :grin:
oton

Re: A Sad, Sad Day!!

Post by oton »

Only 1 year with vivaldi and have a failure already?

:-? :-? :-?
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

What do you mean 1 year?? It's been in continuous use for 14 months! No big deal, the flux capacitor had failed but luckily I had a spare in the drawer. Everything is working fine once again.
oton

Post by oton »

I mean that your Vivaldi it's only 1 year .. well 14 months.. old, right? For the price of this machine I will expect high build quality and high quality check control in the factory. :confused5:
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

So far it looks like it was nothing more then a loose connection. I had the machine all apart last summer for the board upgrade & descaling so I can't blame the factory if that's all it turns out to be.

Return to “VII Out-of-Warranty Problems”