Hose Leak from Tank to Expansion Valve?

Did you have a bad "out-of-box" experience with your Mini? Describe it here and report back with the final resolution.
symbology

Hose Leak from Tank to Expansion Valve?

Post by symbology »

I think that is the expansion valve. I have a water leak (I have been trying to find where this darn water keeps coming from) that I really notice after filling the water tank. I have included a photo of the leak. It is coming from the bottom of the expansion valve. Is this the inlet, or outlet? Could this cause pump consistency issues? Could this be why I cannot run a tank filter? Could the pump be cavitating and catching air through this hole?
Attachments
mvII water leak 1024.jpg
mvII water leak 1024.jpg (385.25 KiB) Viewed 7668 times
symbology

Re: Hose Leak from Tank to Expansion Valve?

Post by symbology »

Just looked at the diagram in my manual which shows this as an outlet.
Endo

Post by Endo »

See if you can pin-point the source of the leak first. Make sure it isn't something above the valve.

It might be a small tear in the tubing when they tried to install it, but it looks more like your OPV (Over Pressure Valve) is leaking. Try tightening it up 1 turn and then loosening it 1 turn to get it to seat better. If it still leaks, then take it apart a re-assemble.

The OPV is a bit too big for this application. That's why the o-ring is not engaged to give it the secondary seal (which would solve your problem).
symbology

Post by symbology »

The hose had a hole on the back side (view from pic). I cut about 10-12mm of hose off and the leak is gone. I even decreased the pressure down to 8.75-9 Bar (from 10). It did not seem to be leaking. Is that going to be a possible future problem?

BTW, I put my filter back in the tank after trimming down the hose, I no longer have issues getting up to pressure. So, it was not the fault of the filter, but this leaking hose. If, I am correct in seeing this air leak as "down stream" of the pump inlet line?

Thanks for the help.

Return to “Mini Day One Problems”