dealer

Post general questions about operation of your new Mini here. Due to many similarities with the original VII you should also check the VII forum.
cuznvin

dealer

Post by cuznvin »

any dealers in texas? friend doesnt want to have a machine shipped..
MDL
Barista

Re: dealer

Post by MDL »

Chris has the shipping of these machines down and sends them all over. Mine made it to CA with no problem...

The dealer you work with is crucial since they support the machine and its' warranty. I would be more concerned about the reputation and responsiveness of the dealer instead of their location.

Good luck...
cuznvin

Post by cuznvin »

thats why i am asking for a dealer in texas.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Texas is bigger than most countries. If you lived in Houston and there was a dealer in El Paso, it wouldn't be much closer to you than shipping directly from Chris Coffee. As the US distributor of the S1, any other dealer is going to get parts from Chris Coffee. So by going direct to Chris you are effectively cutting out the middle man. To have a local brick and mortar retailer for the S1 I think you pretty much would have to live in Albany, Seattle, or Portland.

As with an Italian sports car, it will greatly improve your satisfaction if you are capable of doing most repairs by yourself and the S1 is not hard to work on. On the other hand if you feel completely incompetent to do any repairs or adjustments yourself AND you live in a large city, check where the local coffee shops have their machines serviced which is likely a local outfit, and buy a machine that they offer and can work on.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
cuznvin

Post by cuznvin »

thanks.. but didnt want the machine shipped....

Return to “Mini General Q&A”