Timer Question

Post general questions about operation of your new Mini here. Due to many similarities with the original VII you should also check the VII forum.
cuznvin

Timer Question

Post by cuznvin »

If the Mini is attached to the timer supplied by CCS, can the machine be manually turned on or off without affecting the timer settings?
Abnuceals

Re: Timer Question

Post by Abnuceals »

Yes. As an exemple, you want a late espresso as your timer has put the mini off, you just have to fire your machine (yes I know, you have to wait 40 minutes till it's hot). Don't forget to put off the machine when you're done and it will be on when you wake up (if you have been able to sleep after your late espresso).
cuznvin

Post by cuznvin »

thanks
cuznvin

Post by cuznvin »

Abnuceals wrote:Yes. As an exemple, you want a late espresso as your timer has put the mini off, you just have to fire your machine (yes I know, you have to wait 40 minutes till it's hot). Don't forget to put off the machine when you're done and it will be on when you wake up (if you have been able to sleep after your late espresso).
BTW.. LOVE the dog!
Abnuceals

Post by Abnuceals »

He said thank wouf.
MonkeyK

Post by MonkeyK »

Better yet, after the morning latte ritual, you can turn the machine off. It will pick right up the next morning! This is because the machine receives different signals for "on" and "off".
Not sure about the LaSpaziale timer. I have tied a third party timer into mine. Unfortunately, with the third party timer, "on" and "program" signals can collide
So: if it is off and the timer says to turn off, no problem
if is is on (say I wake up early) and the timer says to turn "on", the machine goes into program mode. (and then my wife reprograms the shot size)

Return to “Mini General Q&A”