Seperate preinfuision times for each shot button

What would you change about your LaSpaziale espresso machine?
MonkeyK

Seperate preinfuision times for each shot button

Post by MonkeyK »

I haven't really gotten into my use cases yet, but I envision myself pulling a shot and then running a small group cleaning flush.
Tt seems to me that it would be nice if I could set the preinfusion to whatever I like on one shot button and zero on the other.
Endo

Re: Seperate preinfuision times for each shot button

Post by Endo »

One of the advantages of using the mechanical pre-infusion chamber rather than the electronic version. It only works for shots and not for flushes.
Dan Bollinger

Post by Dan Bollinger »

I second separate preinfusion times, even though it seems like a difficult programming issue. Perhaps an easier fix is to have the option of turning preinfusion on or off for single and double shots. For instance, I have programmed the single-cup to add 8 ounces to make my Americanos. I pull about 24 shots a week, and at least 20 are for Americanos. I'd use the water spigot, but the water is way too hot.
peter

Post by peter »

Dan Bollinger wrote:I second separate preinfusion times, even though it seems like a difficult programming issue. Perhaps an easier fix is to have the option of turning preinfusion on or off for single and double shots. For instance, I have programmed the single-cup to add 8 ounces to make my Americanos. I pull about 24 shots a week, and at least 20 are for Americanos. I'd use the water spigot, but the water is way too hot.
Good idea! So, you pull a double shot, then do you remove the PF and hit the single-cup button to give your 8 ounces?
Dan Bollinger

Post by Dan Bollinger »

peter wrote:So, you pull a double shot, then do you remove the PF and hit the single-cup button to give your 8 ounces?
Yes. It gives me time to do other tasks like cleanup, or grinding for the next shot.

Return to “Suggested Improvements”