alternative baskets - like VST?

Tampers, Triple Baskets, Bottomless PFs, Temp Measuring Devices, Barista Tools, other Coffee Widgets
richardcoffee
God Shot

alternative baskets - like VST?

Post by richardcoffee »

With all the attention being paid to alternative baskets for other machines on other sites - especially the VST - it's got me wondering if there are alternative baskets for my Mini. I have the ones I got from Chris when I bought the machine - a single a double and a triple with the bottomless portafilter. Are any of you using something else?
Endo

Re: alternative baskets - like VST?

Post by Endo »

richardcoffee wrote: I have the ones I got from Chris when I bought the machine - a single a double and a triple with the bottomless portafilter. Are any of you using something else?
3 baskets. That's all there is. (Except perhaps the 54mm Dalle Corte Mini basket, which can be squeeszed in the new triple PF I suppose).

I always wanted to make a single concave and a triple convex bottomed basket (rather than the typical flat bottomed). Then increase the holes by 25% or so. Hard to tamp the concave I suppose. :lol: But it would be interesting to see what effect it had. I'll leave it to VST to steal my idea for next years product. ;-)
oton

Re: alternative baskets - like VST?

Post by oton »

I think you could use La San Marco double baskets (the triple works). You can use too the Mypressi 53mm basket. Anyway I don't see any difference using the Mypressi basket or the original basket...

Return to “Accessories”