Cheap and Easy Dosing Funnel

Tampers, Triple Baskets, Bottomless PFs, Temp Measuring Devices, Barista Tools, other Coffee Widgets
symbology

Cheap and Easy Dosing Funnel

Post by symbology »

I just got a new Macap M7D and while it is not a messy grinder, I found it hard to keep some grinds from getting on the edge of the PF basket. So, I figured I needed to try out a dosing funnel.

So, on my lunch break I wandered into Targe with a PF basket in hand, looking to see if I could find something that would work, and something cheap. Sure enough, I found what I was looking for. A KitchenAid funnel set with silicon rubber bases. The soft large mouth of the big funnel fits perfectly in the 53mm PF baskets. All I did was cut off about 1/2" of it and it left a still working funnel. I could have cut it a little longer, but since "over filling" a Vivaldi PF basket is not an issue for me, I thought that 1/2" was plenty long enough.

It is real easy to use, you just set it on the PF basket and grind away. Well worth the $12, especially since you still end up with 3 usable funnels.

http://www.target.com/KitchenAid-red-Se ... tailbutton
symbology

Re: Cheap and Easy Dosing Funnel

Post by symbology »

BTW, the funnel that I modified still works great for filling jars full of beans for freezing.
Abnuceals

Re: Cheap and Easy Dosing Funnel

Post by Abnuceals »

A couple of months ago, I bought an Aeropress system that I like very much at my work. It came with a big funnel that was completely useless in my mind until I decided to freeze my beans. It's a perfect size for the jars I use and the hole is not too small. Did I say it is perfect ?

Return to “Accessories”