Steam Control Knob

Did your new VII work fine initially but have an in warranty (year one) problem later. Post here for advice. Later report on your fix. Posted photos documenting repairs are encouraged.
Niko

Steam Control Knob

Post by Niko »

This isn't an issue yet...
but I see it as a potential problem down the road, maybe.

I've noticed that every time I move the steam wand, the knob moves (ever so slightly) with every motion. I know these are connected together and some movement is expected. So far, I've seen 3 different Vivaldi S1's doing 3 different things when the wand is moved. My original S1 has no movement whatsoever. My VII slightly moves and another original S1 (in the family) moves A LOT when the wand is moved. Eventually, I expect the wand to just fall off, leak or something "not good" is going to happen.
Has anyone else experienced this? How much movement are you getting on the steam knob when you move the wand back and forth? I assume tightening the big brass nut (holding the wand in place) might fix this or tightening something else in conjunction with this might solve the problem. If anyone experienced this and fixed this, I'd like to hear about it.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

I've never seen anything like that though you pull as many shots in a day as I pull in a month. So I'm not surprised things are getting loose. :violent1:
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Weska

Post by Weska »

NIko, my steam knob moves slightly but distinctly in the vertical whenever I swing the steam arm up and down (i.e. front to back). There is no noticeable motion when I move the steam arm from side to side.

I have once had to tighten the steam arm's big brass nut after it had called attention to itself by leaking big drops. This was likely my fault for being too delicate when I installed the steam arm originally. It was a replacement supplied by Chris since my Euro-sourced model came with the old movement-challenged arm.
jackiechang

Post by jackiechang »

chas wrote:I'm not surprised things are getting loose. :bootyshake:

Excuse me Chas, just couldn't resist.:lol:

Return to “VII In Warranty Problems”