Is this a typical day 1 leak??

Did you have a bad Day One "Out-of-Box" Experience? Ask about it here then later report back with your final resolution.
JohnB

Is this a typical day 1 leak??

Post by JohnB »

Just got the V2 up & running tonight but looks like I'll be pulling that fitting tomorrow. Is there a How To on removing the top cover(cup warmer) somewhere on the site?
Niko

Post by Niko »

John,
there's a single screw holding the top cup warmer.
Look right in the middle - outermost towards you at the edge. After that if should pull straight out, it's usually a little wedged in there but it lifts out easily.

(of course don't forget to remove the plastic guard rail first) :wink:

Are you talking about this little leak?
You can probably fix this with a little teflon tape.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Is this a typical day 1 leak??

Post by chas »

JohnB wrote:Is there a How To on removing the top cover(cup warmer) somewhere on the site?
Check out this page:
http://www.rimpo.org/s1/S1Photos.html
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Thats the leak & I have a tube of pipe dope that works better then the tape. It is unfortunate that I have to take a brand new machine apart to fix leaks but I've owned Italian motorcycles long enough to not be surprised.

I did remove that screw & it didn't budge so I figured I'd check & see if there was another fastener hiding someplace. I'll be a little more aggressive with it tomorrow. I want to get a good look inside & see if there is anything else that needs attention.
JohnB

Re: Is this a typical day 1 leak??

Post by JohnB »

chas wrote: Check out this page:
http://www.rimpo.org/s1/S1Photos.html
Thanks! Never thought to look in the Photos link, I was digging around in the tech/how to areas.

Return to “VII Day One Problems”