Is there a nut with the warming tray screw?

Did you have a bad Day One "Out-of-Box" Experience? Ask about it here then later report back with your final resolution.
clumeng
Latte

Is there a nut with the warming tray screw?

Post by clumeng »

OK...just got my Vivaldi II today and only 1 thing is bugging me. The machine was in the box and I removed the warming tray to make sure the switches were properly set before I moved it to the counter. I removed the screw to the warming tray completely and then returned it.

Moved the VII to the counter and there was a small nut in the bottom of the box...had a flat side to it and fit the warming tray screw. I see no place else on the bottom of the machine where this could have been from.

Is this from the warming tray screw or do I need to go on a hunt inside the sucker? Seems to be working fine so far. I'll post unboxing pictures soon.

Re: Is there a nut with the warming tray screw?

Post by JohnB »

On my S1V2 the screw screwed into a threaded hole, not a loose nut if I remember correctly, although it might have been a captive nut in a cage. The first time I took out the screw & tried to replace it the threads got buggered so I never put it back in. The cover fits on snuggly so the screw really isn't needed. Is there a cage for the nut to slip into? If not then it wouldn't go up there as there would be no way to hold the nut when you put the screw back in.
clumeng
Latte

Post by clumeng »

Chris Coffee comes through again. I sent pictures of the nut and my machine to them and they noted that the Capacitor was off its usual mount on top of the pump. I would not have known this as it was sitting vertical next to the pump and seemed fine where it was. Jason from CC talked me through the hookup and all is well now. The loose nut holds the capacitor in place on the pump.

Problem solved...2lbs of 12/29/09 roasted Epic Espresso in hand....nothing can stop me now....

Post by JohnB »

Just a heads up to make sure that the front capacitor bracket does not touch the cross member. If it does you will get a lot of noise when the pump runs as it transfers vibrations from the motor into the machine.

Return to “VII Day One Problems”