Vivaldi II Timer connector

Tips and Tricks you have discovered with your S1, VII, Mini-VII, Dream, or Dream T that lets you do any aspect of coffee making, steaming, maintenance, etc better.
Bart

Vivaldi II Timer connector

Post by Bart »

Hi,

I've got X10 all over the place and I'd like to have Vivaldi join the party. I can always bridge the soft-on connection with proper timing, but I was wondering if anyone checked out to see what
the connector to interface to the LaSpaziale timer has to offer. Any one ever held a volt meter/scope to those pins?

Thanks, Bart
Bart

Re: Vivaldi II Timer connector

Post by Bart »

I'm aware of that thread, it does however not discuss the special timer connector that the LaSpaziale timer is using.
I'd like to see if that would be a better way to interface to.

Ciao, Bart
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Vivaldi II Timer connector

Post by chas »

You're blazing new territory. If you figure it out we'd certainly be glad to add your results to the permanent repository of S1 knowledge. If I remember correctly, it is just a three wire interface and one of those is obviously ground. So one of the other two could be just an on/off signal and the other could be an "I'm attached" status or they could be serial Tx and serial Rx type of connections.

According to the VII Mini Manual there is another device that can connect to the same interface. This appears to be for commercial users and provides some status information such as number of shots pulled, etc. Because this interface supports both these modules, there is more information that needs to be communicated than a simple interface can do, so I suspect it's a serial connection.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “Tips & Tricks”