Greetings, and an easy first question

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
JonF

Greetings, and an easy first question

Post by JonF »

Greetings! After TONS of research, I am going to order a LaSpaziale A1VII . . . Really looking forward to it.

My very simple first question is this: Apprxoimately how long is the stainless water hose that comes with the unit? I am going to have to get creative to plumb this is without putting a hole in our countertop. Thanks!

PS: A little introduction.
I have had a long progression of upgrades to get to this. Starting like many with a Krups steam powered unit (which lasted about 1 month). Then a Gaggia that kept me going for a while, before changing to one of the first of the machines with a pressurized portafilter, a Spidem.

Then,in an attempt to upgrade, went with a Riviera Baby Lusso (model). I could get one great espresso before it simply got too hot and I had to start over with a cold tank.

Sofor years, I essentially had a two tank model. I used the Spidem for the espresso and the Riviera just for steaming.

Sold both of these about 10 years ago and went with a Livia 90 (Pasquini). This has been a rock, but there are enough seals and other parts aging that, rather than repair the unit, I am going to upgrade. So count on more questions! Thanks! Jon
Endo

Re: Greetings, and an easy first question

Post by Endo »

JonF wrote:Greetings! After TONS of research, I am going to order a LaSpaziale A1VII . . . Really looking forward to it.
Welcome JonF. We'll need to introduce you to JohnB here! :lol:

I wish you all the best with your new machine (I assume you meant S1VII) :oops: . Sorry I can't help you with the hose length (I have the non-plumbed in Mini), but I'm sure someone will help you out.
JonF

Post by JonF »

Doh! First post and a typo already! But thanks for the quick reply. Lots of great information around here!
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Going strictly from memory I'm thinking it was about 30" long but I'd give CC a call if you need an exact length.
peter

Post by peter »

JohnB wrote:Going strictly from memory I'm thinking it was about 30" long but I'd give CC a call if you need an exact length.
That's my recollection too, about 30". They installed a John Guest fitting on the braided line for me, so that way you adjust for whatever length of water line you need with plastic, and all that's needed to hook up the machine is push the plastic onto the fitting on the braided line.
Bitches_Brew

Post by Bitches_Brew »

the one that came with my machine is 60".
slo
Barista

Post by slo »

Bitches_Brew wrote:the one that came with my machine is 60".
Same here.
Vivaldi II, Multiple (a collection really) Lever machines
Currently on deck grinders: Mythos and MXKR
Backup grinders: Robur, Major.
Toper Cafemino Electric and Poppery 1 roaster

I have a serious problem ... Can you guess what?
JonF

Post by JonF »

Thanks everyone--sounds like it is plenty long. I need to be a little creative to get around the counter instead of through it (no drilling). I am in a corner by the wall oven, so thought about going in and out through the cabinet. However, I thought that over time the higher temps might degrade plastic lines. So the current plan is to go into the wall just above the backsplash and out just under the counter into the back of a cabinet. The only downside of this is potential freezing in a Minnesota winter, but I will run the line as close to the warm wall as possible.

Return to “VII General Q&A”