Boiler button not working

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
Pokey

Boiler button not working

Post by Pokey »

Hello all,

This is my first post here. I have a La Spaziale S1 Vivaldi (Serial # NF 252938).

A couple of days after someone (er...I) accidentally spilled a shot of espresso down the front panel, the Boiler button stopped working, and several of the LEDs were continuously dimly lit. I opened the front panel and exposed the touchpad circuit board (see picture) and cleaned it a couple of times with 90% alcohol, being sure to let it dry thoroughly before reassembling.

Unfortunately the Boiler button still does not operate, however the rest of the machine functions normally. This means that the boiler is always on when the machine is on and I cannot turn it off independently of the rest of the unit. It also means that I cannot use the Boiler button in programming mode to change the temperature in one degree increments.

I am not sure where to look next.

Does anyone have any ideas?

TNX
La-Spaziale-S1-Touchpad.jpg
La-Spaziale-S1-Touchpad.jpg (200.34 KiB) Viewed 4351 times
Attachments
Backside.jpg
Backside.jpg (121.98 KiB) Viewed 4351 times
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Boiler button not working

Post by chas »

By taking the button panel apart as you have shown, it looks like you are 1/2 way to the solution. You really need to clean off that junk with a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol especially the P1 and P2 contacts. After they are clean and dry, reassemble and see if the problem is fixed. If not you may have to buy a new front panel assembly.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Pokey

Re: Boiler button not working

Post by Pokey »

Thank you for the suggestion. I forgot to mention that the photo was taken before I cleaned it with alcohol. All the crud has been removed and the problem still persists.

Does anyone know of any third-party sources (used maybe) for the touchpad?

TNX

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”