Draining both of the boilers

Post general questions about operation of your new Mini here. Due to many similarities with the original VII you should also check the VII forum.
Dodger1

Draining both of the boilers

Post by Dodger1 »

I need to ship my Mini II back to CC for service. Luckily mine has the drain valve on the bottom of the steam boiler, so that ones a piece of cake. However, how do I go about draining the brew boiler?
Dodger1

Re: Draining both of the boilers

Post by Dodger1 »

Jason, at CC emailed me with the following instructions, which worked like a charm :grin:

"To drain the brew boiler, empty the water reservoir and turn the machine off. Then press and hold the hot water button on the left and then press the on/off button and release while continuing to hold the hot water button. Lean the machine forward a little bit while doing this and then release the button when no more water comes out then empty the drip tray."

FYI, I ended up leaning it more than a little to get all the water out and found a large coffee cup worked well at collecting all the water.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Gave up?? I look forward to hearing what they find is causing the problem.
Dodger1

Post by Dodger1 »

That makes 3 of us. You, me and Jason.

Actually that makes 4 of us, cause my wife is already missing her morning fix and if this takes to long, she'll be :evil:
Espressoluver

Post by Espressoluver »

new mini s1 owner here!

i too have the rusty problem with the steam boiler

how do i drain this boiler? where exactly is the drain nut?

After turning the drain nut, does water just pour out? what is the best way to drain without causing a mess?

thanks
Espressoluver

Post by Espressoluver »

nevermind, just found it
Endo

Post by Endo »

Welcome! Lots of new Mini owners. Seems Santa was generous this year.

It looks like this drain rust problem is not going away. Still, I wouldn't get too worried. I don't think it's any worse then many household pipes, and I would assume it would go away quickly.

Just sit back and enjoy! Mine has been working great for 2 years straight. :bounce:

Return to “Mini General Q&A”