Installation Overview

The progressive pre-infusion option can be added to any current LaSpaziale Vivaldi machine - S1, V2, or V2 mini. It is the only pre-infusion option for the S1 and V2 Mini. V2 users who are NOT confident in their ability to swap out their controller board but still want the benefits of pre-infusion can also use this option.
admin
Site Admin

Installation Overview

Post by admin »

Here's a manual that's explains how to install the Progressive Preinfusion cylinder. This has been updated with feedback from Cliff and Mario. I've sent this to Chris. Until he replaces the older version on his website, you should use this one. It has more accurate and up-to-date instructions to save you time.
LaSpazialeProgressionPreinfusionInstallationManual.pdf
Updated Installation Instructions for Progressive Preinfusion - 7/1/208
(695.09 KiB) Downloaded 955 times
Here's the Part You Receive
Here's the Part You Receive
Use a 5mm Hex Wrench to remove the plug on the left side of the group.
Use a 5mm Hex Wrench to remove the plug on the left side of the group.
Put bend in copper tube and teflon tape around threads, then tighten with a wrench. That's it. Ready to use.
Put bend in copper tube and teflon tape around threads, then tighten with a wrench. That's it. Ready to use.
S1 Cafe Admin
http://www.s1cafe.com
Niko

Re: Installation Overview

Post by Niko »

Nice!
So tell me, according to your other post, you can avoid this plumbing thing entirely on the VII by upgrading the control panel?
I guess it's some kind of electronic pre-infusion vs. a manual version.

UPDATE:
Looks like some kind of gall bladder :lol:
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

That's correct. Of course, the level of plumbing for installing the progressive preinfusion is nothing compared to removing and replacing the control board.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

chas wrote:That's correct. Of course, the level of plumbing for installing the progressive preinfusion is nothing compared to removing and replacing the control board.
Have you ever removed one? Will we have to remove any internal parts to gain access or just pull off the back & side cover?
Last edited by JohnB on Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Here are the instructions from Chris Coffee. I did R&R the board on my original S1 but that was before it was enclosed in a black case. I'd count on it taking a fully hour in total to remove and replace. It looks harder than it is. You'll probably have as much trouble getting the side panel back on as anything.

Chas,
You
Chas
Hottop P/B
Richard

Post by Richard »

JohnB wrote:Have you ever removed one [control board]? Will be have to remove any internal parts to gain access or just pull off the back & side cover?
I swapped out the board in the VII a few months ago. It's an extremely tight fit. I had to loosen some plumbing components (don't ask me to remember what without having the machine open to point at it) to allow wiggle room. It's not for the faint of heart; that said, I'll be swapping it out again ASAP to get the reprogramming for preinfusion.

EDITED to add:
That is to avoid all the ground wires and removing them.
Oh yeah.. that was the other thing. I finally did have to remove a bunch of ground wires in addition to moving the plumbing "stuff." No big deal.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

A Progressive Preinfusion Installation Manual has been added to the first post in this forum section.
S1 Cafe Admin
Niko

Post by Niko »

First!

I grabbed it, thanks Chas. :bounce:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I've posted an update to the installation manual thanks to feedback from Cliff and Mario.
S1 Cafe Admin
hlsheppard

Post by hlsheppard »

So has anyone actually installed it without the small copper tube (as in Chas' photo) and left it there? That's what I think I would do... It all about simplicity in my world! :smilebox:
Barry

Post by Barry »

I installed it without the copper tube and everything seems fine. I cannot imagine that omitting the tubing has any serious adverse effect. Removing it may reduce the preinfusion time by a fraction of a second.

Barry
Endo

Post by Endo »

Barry wrote:I installed it without the copper tube and everything seems fine. I cannot imagine that omitting the tubing has any serious adverse effect. Removing it may reduce the preinfusion time by a fraction of a second.

Barry
Seems easier without the little copper tube. I guess that''s the way to go. I wonder why they added this unnecessary tube?

I'm also a little worried that when I bend the tube I'll pinch it.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

The chamber can be used on most LaSpaziale machines. It's possible that some of them don't have enough clearance to install it w/o the tube. I don't think the performance matters with or without it.
Chas
Hottop P/B

Return to “Progressive Pre-infusion Upgrade Q&A”