Repairs to S1

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
mswanson

Repairs to S1

Post by mswanson »

Hi,

I'm a previous owner of a Silvia till it died due to a blown heating element. Since the heating element is welded to the boiler, the costs to replace the entire boiler was high.

I'm considering the S1. Do you feel that the S1 is easy to repair any parts that might need replacing over time? Are parts easy to get ahold of?

Thanks.
hlsheppard

Post by hlsheppard »

I've only had my S1 for a few days. Part of my purchasing decision was based on the question that you're asking.

I'm not a real handy guy. Also, I know that the S1 has a relatively tiny following compared to various E61 machines or Rancilio machines, etc.

However, I put a TON of trust in Chris' Coffee service to take care of his customers (me!). He's never let me down thus far. It's a gamble, to be sure, but I think he'll always stock parts as long as possible.

Heck - he doesn't sell Isomac anymore, yet carries all of the parts just to keep his customer who bought one (me, prior to the S1) happy!

I also think that the company is able to walk you through just about any repair over the phone. If that fails, you can always send it back (obviously a last resort).

I almost decided against purchasing the S1 due to the fact that I would have to change my outlet/circuit and plumb the machine. Between Chris, Mary and this forum - it was absolutey no problem at all (even for me).

I think if you're the least bit handy - you've got nothing to worry about. I'm starting to realize that having to do basic repairs and maintenance are just part of owning a machine at this level...

Return to “General Q&A”