Anyone Going to SCAA?

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Anyone Going to SCAA?

Post by chas »

A week from today the SCAA Conference in Long Beach starts. Is anyone going? Chris will be there though he doesn't have a booth. I do see that LaSpaziale will have a booth.

If anyone goes, take some photos and post them here.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Niko

Post by Niko »

I was planning to go at first but the 2 other people I was going to travel with flaked out on me. It's only about a 6 hr drive for me but I was going to fly. If for some miraculous reason one of them decides to go with me, I'll for sure take pics and send them. Hopefully someone else in our S1 Cafe group will go and send some pics of the event. I was hoping to finally meet Chris in person and talk to LaSpaz and pick a bone with Mazzer and congratulate MACAP, shake hands with Greg Scace (if he's there), etc..
jackiechang

Post by jackiechang »

I'm going to be there Sat. and Sun.. not sure what time though.
Niko

Post by Niko »

Nice jackiechang.
You know who I'm waiting for...he gets back this Sunday and I'll ask him about next weekend. Maybe we can hook up down in Long Beach.
Are you flying?
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Niko, not sure if you noticed or not but last evening you became the first one on this forum to exceed the ranking of Barista, myself included since I lost 6 months of posts from July to December last year. Congrats. You're a god to us all!

:notworthy: :notworthy:
Last edited by chas on Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chas
Hottop P/B
Niko

Post by Niko »

Oh.....
I just noticed it!
Wow, is there anything beyond that?? Is there another hidden rank we don't know about? I thought we reached the final frontier with the "Barista" level.
Nice surprise I love it and I thank you.

I remember the crash of '06, I lost about 130 posts myself but it didn't take long for us to get 'em back, I missed the cutoff by just a few days so I had to re-register.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

I just added that rank a couple of days ago when I saw you were getting close to 500. I should have time now to think up another one for 1,000 posts!
Chas
Hottop P/B
jackiechang

Post by jackiechang »

Didn't notice that you are not one of us anymore. Oh mity God. :D Congratulation and thanks.
I havn't decide on the method of transport. I so wish I can just zap myself there. Carpooling will be fun if we have a RV. Take turn pulling shots all the way there and back. Oh yah.
Niko

Post by Niko »

Driving might be an option, it would be better with a 2 group Brasilia or something similar in the back of the RV. I'd settle for a Prius without any machines just to get down there but a quick flight would be best just for the day. Do you know if you can get tickets at the door?

---------
dOg ShOt
jackiechang

Post by jackiechang »

Think so, says $35. a day on confrence fee chart.
Niko

Post by Niko »

I'll have to look into some round trip flights for next Saturday. I just want to fly in, go to the show, get over-caffeinated, annoy a few people, rub shoulders with the Spaziale gang, annoy a few other people, congratulate MACAP, complain to Mazzer and then fly home. Ohh...and maybe buy a few goodies, you know - tampers to add to the collection if anybody's selling 'em.

Sounds like fun...
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Niko, you forgot to mention take pictures and post them here. We need one of you with your arm around Chris! :director2:
Chas
Hottop P/B
Niko

Post by Niko »

Yes!
That's right, Chris was at the top of my list.
He won't have a booth but I'm sure I can find him since I've seen what he looks like.

Now if I can remember, "must bring camera...".
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

So did anyone go?
Chas
Hottop P/B
Niko

Post by Niko »

I didn't make it, had a family emergency over the weekend.
I think jackiechang was supposed to go Sunday.
jackiechang

Post by jackiechang »

Yes, made it out on Sunday. LaSpaziale have a "Mini Vivaldi". It's a tank version. and one needs to remove the drip tray to pull out the tank for refill.
I'll put more pics on fliker as soon as I figure out.
See if this works. http://www.flickr.com/photos/62592445@N ... 198730120/
Last edited by jackiechang on Sat May 19, 2007 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Weska

Post by Weska »

What, for goodness sake, is that apparent MACAP with a digital panel over the exit chute? What are they up to, jackiechang?

Thanks too for making the photos available.
jackiechang

Post by jackiechang »

Weska wrote:What, for goodness sake, is that apparent MACAP with a digital panel over the exit chute? What are they up to, jackiechang?

Thanks too for making the photos available.
That photo was intended for tempting our god here for another upgrade.
"MACAP doserless electronic" push button adjustment on top at 3 second increments, PF trigger at the bottom.
Niko

Post by Niko »

DAMN.
...I thought it was a built-in video game to play while your grinds go into the portafilter.
I n t e r e s t i n g...you got got my attention with it allright. Those look like production models so it won't be long before Chris starts carrying those. I like the new Mazzer doserless (Momma & Papa) versions too.

jackiechang,
I just noticed this, when you look closer at your picture...one can see that it does say "Mini Vivaldi" on the drip tray.
I wonder if this is the Rossini? Only they call it the Mini Vivaldi here in the States due to the huge succeess of the Vivaldi line.

Return to “General Q&A”