Steam Boiler Inlet Leak (Dream T)

General questions, comments, and discussions about the Dream Tank version. New owners post your impressions of your Dream T - likes, dislikes, and any other comments.
Atomic
Americano

Steam Boiler Inlet Leak (Dream T)

Post by Atomic »

Hi,
My steam boiler fill inlet elbow (#9824) seems to be leaking at the swivel joint. I'm hesitant to remove and inspect in case resealing becomes worse as there are no parts locally. Will need to order.
Does anyone know how they seal? would teflon tape help since it's at the swivel part?
Or should I order and wait?
Thanks
Attachments
Intlet Elbow.png
Intlet Elbow.png (1.27 MiB) Viewed 6288 times
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Steam Boiler Inlet Leak (Dream T)

Post by chas »

I don't think that's a swivel joint. If it moves then the screw on fitting is loose. Teflon tape is fine to use on pretty much all water tight connections on the Dream.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Atomic
Americano

Re: Steam Boiler Inlet Leak (Dream T)

Post by Atomic »

Got to pulling it off and actually it is a swivel joint but for the life of me I can't see how it was assembled, maybe a press fitting with an o-ring. The bottom o-ring was dried out but in no way does it seal or put force on the middle section. Calling around I found a shop that had similar fitting and it worked. They cut me a new length of hose so didn't have to worry about re-trimming either.

Pic below of fitting with arrow at leaking joint.
Attachments
elbow 2.jpg
elbow 2.jpg (62.21 KiB) Viewed 6202 times

Return to “Dream T General Q&A”