confusion over vivaldi

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
paulfl

confusion over vivaldi

Post by paulfl »

Hi,
I'm here 'cause I want a vivaldi. I want the mini with the pull out tank, among other reasons, because I like the flip up steam control. The plumbed in version seems too much of a pain to me 'cause I live in florida 2 feel about the water table and we don't give tap water to the dog. Well, my wife says she does but she doesn't drink espresso either. My question is this (and I'm looking at a 7 month window to get it so I'm not in a hurry) Is this a good choice to go with? Has anyone had one of these and loved it? Hated it? Had a different one and loved it? Thanks

Paul
Endo

Re: confusion over vivaldi

Post by Endo »

Naturally, most of the people who read and post to this forum are Vivaldi owners who love their machines. So you'll tend to get opinions biased that way.

If I try and be as unbiased as possible, I would say that if you are deciding on a double boiler machine in the $2200 range, the best choices are either the Duetto 2 or the S1 Vivaldi and neither is really "better", the choice comes down to which style you prefer.

To a certain extent, the Mini Vivaldi versus regular S1 Vivaldi is a personal choice. One is not better than the other.

The main thing to consider is simply pour-over versus plumbed it. After that, there are a few smaller secondary differences I highlighted below. Funny enough, all these differences (except for the $250 price difference) can be considered advantages or disadvantages depending on your personal preference. So in the end, one is not "better" then the other, the choice simply comes down to what you prefer.

Mini
Vibe Pump
Lever Steam Wand
Smaller 1.2L steam boiler (quicker warm-up)
Optional Progressive Pre-infusion
$1950

S1
Rotay Pump
Knob Steam Wand
Larger 2.5L steam boiler (more hot water available)
Included Programmable Pre-infusion
$2200
Endo

Re: confusion over vivaldi

Post by Endo »

And one last point you may want to consider:

You can pour bottled water into a Mini VIvaldi, but you can also use a Flojet to bring bottled water (in a 19L jug) to a regular S1 Vivaldi as well.

But obviously, since your espresso is only as good as your water, your first priority should be to make sure yoiu have a good, tasty source.

Return to “General Q&A”