Software 1.23 & New Manual Updates

Forums below are for discussions of Dream and Dream T specific issues. However, both machines have as much, if not more, in common than they have differences. This area is for information sharing and questions that you think apply equally to both machines.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Software 1.23 & New Manual Updates

Post by chas »

I have installed the latest 1.23 software on my Dream and have marked up the User interface manual with the changes needed and new photos needed. Is there anyone with a Dream T that has also updated to 1.23? I need something checked on the Tank version before I can accurately update the manual.

One change that impacts the User Interface on the Plumbed in Dream is the Filter counter. It used to have several incremental settings you could pick from 25 gallons to about 1250 gallons. If you selected Italian as your language this setting would be in liters that covered about the same range. Now you can individually change all four digits in the range 0000 to 5999 regardless of whether the setting is in gallons or liters.

I assume that this change is also reflected in the Tank models as well - though I assume the range is somewhat smaller. I'd like to include this range in both liters and gallons if someone with a Tank model can check it out and let me know.

The other change I am aware of that impacts only the Tank version is "“Refill the water tank is postponed to 25 Seconds during the coffee delivery." However, this as well as other bug fixes and internal tweaks don't impact the User interface and are mostly transparent to the user.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Software 1.23 & New Manual Updates

Post by chas »

I have posted the updated Dream and Dream T GUI Users Manual for SW v. 1.23. Recently, I noticed that the Chris Coffee website has a new La Spaziale produced manual that is both a detailed Users Manual and GUI Manual in one. I highly recommend using that one since it is all encompassing and is done very well once you get past all the initial "Lawyer" pages.

My manual may have slightly more information in some areas than the LaSpaziale manual, but then it has a lot more info in other areas that mine. So I would recommend going to the Chris Coffee website and downloading that one. https://www.chriscoffee.com/v/vspfiles/ ... manual.pdf

I have created S1 User's Manuals since the one for the original S1V1 because the LaSpaziale Manuals just did not cut it. However, it seems that they have finally caught up. So I will bow out at this point and let them handle it since they finally figured out how to do it right.
Chas
Hottop P/B
goodboyr
Barista

Post by goodboyr »

Chas: One question for you. If you remember, occasionally the steam boiler level control will trigger a top up. If that happens during a pull, the pressure will drop to about 6 bar. So, does the new tweak that delays refill for 25 seconds fix this issue on Dream machines as well?
Bob
La Spaziale Dream and Baratza Sette 270W
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

I have no reason to believe that this also applies the the Dream but I have never seen this happen on mine either.
Chas
Hottop P/B

Return to “Dream and Dream T Common Feature Discussions”