Software Feature Requests

Forums below are for discussions of Dream and Dream T specific issues. However, both machines have as much, if not more, in common than they have differences. This area is for information sharing and questions that you think apply equally to both machines.
jemery

Software Feature Requests

Post by jemery »

I couldn't find a similar thread, but if there is one feel free to point me to it. I have had the La Spaziale Dream for about 3 months now. I love this machine of course and it makes great expresso. I wanted to start a thread of firmware feature requests and see what other people thought as well. Here are a few things I have wished I could do easier with the interface/features:

- On/Off button - I wish I could turn it on with a simple push and off with a 3-second hold. It is more frustrating to turn it off with a single push for me and hold for 3 seconds to turn on. It seems it should be the other way around for me. Or maybe they should just be both push once? For me, when I want it to come one I want to push the button and have it happen now, but I want to be sure not to accidentally shut it off in the middle of steaming milk or something.

- Screen saver timeout - I like the screensaver, but I wish I could set the timeout duration a bit longer - like 5 or 10 minutes. Many times I am making drinks and halfway through this or that it goes into screensaver mode so you have to push the shot button twice to get it to come on.

- re-arrange the menu icons - the layout is not all that optimal - for example the items I am likely to do the most are nowhere near the front - backflushing is a good example - it is buried. It would be even better if the functions you last used were just moved to the front. Over time it would automatically arrange itself in fairly optimal fashion.

- Navigation improvements - besides re-arranging the icons it would also be great to improve the ease of navigation. - Maybe an ability to move page by page, an exit button of some sort that was available from every screen - kind of like a back button or something. Many of the menus are very counter-intuitive.

- remove the alternateing "TBOILER" text on the bottom of the screen. Maybe it can be an option in "help mode" or something, but half the time when I want to check the boiler temp I have to wait for the little scrolling text to move and show the temp. I already know where to look so I just want to instantly see the temp - I don't need the little text that says "TBOILER"

That's all I can think of for now - please feel free to add your own suggestions or give feedback on these. Hey this is supposed to be the benefit of the micro-controller - the flexibility to make these changes so getting our feedback out there should help get these tweaked over time.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Software Feature Requests

Post by chas »

I concur about the menus. The arrangement of items seems pretty random. The ones you use most often should be up front and/or easier to get to . It would also be nice from the last menu screen to be able to use the down arrow to wrap back to the 1st screen.

Also, agree about that scrolling TBOILER. Every new owner know that's the steam boiler temp within minutes of turning it on for the first time. Worst case scrolling TBOILER is confusing.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “Dream and Dream T Common Feature Discussions”