1.14 Bugs Reports or Questions

Forums below are for discussions of Dream and Dream T specific issues. However, both machines have as much, if not more, in common than they have differences. This area is for information sharing and questions that you think apply equally to both machines.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

1.14 Bugs Reports or Questions

Post by chas »

I found my first 1.14 bug. Between 12:00PM and 12:59PM the display actually indicates AM. It corrects at 1:00PM. I thought that perhaps LaSpaz might have made the opposite error between midnight and 1AM but that works fine. So the bugs appears to be limited the period from Noon to 12:59PM.

See if you all can confirm that you see this too.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
goodboyr
Barista

Re: 1.14 Bugs Reports or Questions

Post by goodboyr »

Is it possible to ask CCS for a listing of all the alarms that are in the software with their meanings and applicable set points? This would be very handy from a problem diagnosis point of view. I noticed that the Vivaldi manuals have this listing. Sure would be nice if the Dreams manuals had it.
Bob
La Spaziale Dream and Baratza Sette 270W
goodboyr
Barista

Post by goodboyr »

See post below for a question on brew temp control.

http://www.s1cafe.com/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=1861#p21550
Bob
goodboyr
Barista

Post by goodboyr »

Just found another bug in 1.14. If you have multi users set up, when you switch from one use to another, the lights behind the hot water and single dose buttons go out, and don't come back on until you use those buttons.
Bob
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

I confirm seeing this bug, too, and it appears that you have to press both buttons before they will both stay lit. Just pressing one of them doesn't make them both come on.

As a matter of fact, I pressed the One Cup button first and it lit up but then went back off again. Then I pressed the hot water button and it lit up and when I pressed it again to turn off the hot water, it stayed lit and the One Cup button then lit up.

Is this what you saw, too?
Chas
Hottop P/B
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

goodboyr wrote:Is it possible to ask CCS for a listing of all the alarms that are in the software with their meanings and applicable set points? This would be very handy from a problem diagnosis point of view. I noticed that the Vivaldi manuals have this listing. Sure would be nice if the Dreams manuals had it.
The original Vivaldi manuals had the alarms listed from Day 1 since when you only have a specific number of LEDS either coming on steady or blinking, it it meaningless without some type of explanation. However, I don't believe CCS has received anything from LS on this so far because LS believes that having "plain English" error messages appear on screen removes the need.

It is clear with the messages I have seen thus far that the at least some of the error messages do need either more explanation or they need to be reworded. Example, rather than telling the user to reboot the machine after a software update, they could and should make it clear that means to unplug the machine and plug it back in.
Chas
Hottop P/B
goodboyr
Barista

Post by goodboyr »

chas wrote:I confirm seeing this bug, too, and it appears that you have to press both buttons before they will both stay lit. Just pressing one of them doesn't make them both come on.

As a matter of fact, I pressed the One Cup button first and it lit up but then went back off again. Then I pressed the hot water button and it lit up and when I pressed it again to turn off the hot water, it stayed lit and the One Cup button then lit up.

Is this what you saw, too?
No. With both lights out, I pressed the one cup button and it stayed on. Then pressed the hot water button and it stayed on. However with both lights out, if you press the hot water button first, it goes on, then if you press the single shot button next it comes on after the barista lights turn off (assuming you've got them set to auto).
Bob

Return to “Dream and Dream T Common Feature Discussions”