Fit and finish

General questions, comments, and discussions about the Dream Tank version. New owners post your impressions of your Dream T - likes, dislikes, and any other comments.
Alex216

Fit and finish

Post by Alex216 »

We just received our new Dream T machine today and after unboxing it, have some concerns about the fit and finish. We noticed the following:
--interior triangular panels are not shiny/red--they feel unfinished have markings and look like the "wrong" side
--side panels don't seem to fit snugly and are wobbly, especially in rear
--uneven gaps between left and right side panel and drip tray
--small scratch on front chrome
--some marring or adhesive marks, left to right across entire front chrome panel

Anyone else have these issues?
My biggest concern is that it just doesn't seem to fit tighltly together. Are these side panels loose on all machines?

Lav
Macchiato

Re: Fit and finish

Post by Lav »

Post photos Alex :)
CC do recommend that you check and tighten the panel assy. Having said that I would also be worried if I really got a new (as in new) machine....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers,
Steffen

| La Spaziale Vivaldi II + myTimer mod |​ Mahlkönig PEAK and EK43Short | Aillio Bullet R1 roaster| Acaia Lunar scale | ​AeroPress, Bialetti Venus |
goodboyr
Barista

Re: Fit and finish

Post by goodboyr »

I've had mine apart a few times (dream instead of dream t), and it takes a bit of work to get the side panels aligned and tight. There are alignment channels the the back metal panel goes into, and if they are not done right you get the symptom you are describing. So bottom line is that they probably had the panels off to do a check then were sloppy in the reinstall.
Bob
La Spaziale Dream and Baratza Sette 270W

Return to “Dream T General Q&A”